It is essential to clean your home before the onset of the flu season so that the concentration of viruses and germs in your home is reduced significantly. Studies show that most germs that cause respiratory illnesses can last on a surface for 2 to 48 hours. If you hire experts such as house cleaning services near Fort Lee, NJ, you will find they use specialized equipment and cleaning fluids to sanitize and disinfect the surfaces. This is essential to ensure that the surface is clean, and no matter how often you touch the surface and your face after that, the chances of getting infected are significantly reduced. Some reasons behind cleaning and disinfecting your home during flu season are discussed below.
Table of Content
How can you protect your family from viruses with our cleaning services?
The flu season means a significant increase of viruses in the air, and you will find that the germs spread from person to person and object to person. The surface of objects and countertops can become breeding grounds for bacteria, which can cause secondary infection along with flu. The only way to prevent the spread of respiratory diseases is by cleaning the surfaces.
An infected person who has recovered from the flu or might not even know he is a carrier of the disease can spread the infection unknowingly if he touches surfaces like countertops and doorknobs in your home. You can easily prevent it by ensuring all home surfaces are sanitized and disinfected. Some of the benefits of hiring cleaning services during flu season:
- Giving your home a thorough cleaning
Before the onset of the flu season and during flu season, it is best to hire house cleaning services near Edgewater, NJ, to do a deep cleaning of your home. When you hire our services, the first thing that our personnel will do is remove the dust and grime from all objects in your home. You might feel that dusting is enough to clean your home and protect your family from flu viruses. However, you can only clean some of the nooks and crannies in your house. Moreover, you will not have the necessary equipment or disinfectants to sanitize your home. Some resistant flu viruses can survive on metal surfaces for nearly 48 hours. Suppose you thought that flu viruses spread only from bathrooms and kitchens. In that case, you are mistaken, as the common surfaces that tend to spread the viruses are doorknobs, countertops, the handrail of the stairs, and even the areas you have not cleaned out for some time, such as the basement in your house. Thus, giving your home a thorough cleaning is essential to prevent the spread of the viruses and protect your family from flu,
- Use of suitable disinfectants
When you hire us, we will ensure that the disinfectants used by our cleaning personnel are designed to remove flu viruses. For example, we will use EPA-approved hypochlorous acid to disinfect the surfaces and clean the countertops. When you hire house cleaning services near Cliffside Park, NJ, you will find that they will first clean your house thoroughly and then clean the surfaces with suitable disinfectants. They will clean the doorknobs, countertops, handrails, and surfaces with disinfectants. This is essential to sanitize the surfaces. You will find that the EPA-approved disinfectants are suitable for killing viruses that cause SARS-CoV, bacteria, and mildew. It is necessary to ensure that the flu viruses do not get a place to start breeding after the sanitization. Using suitable quality disinfectants is required to ensure that the cleaning lasts longer.
- Cleaning the trash
It is essential to clean the waste and ensure that the garbage is removed from your home. Trash cans often harbor viruses and bacteria known to cause various diseases. If you have someone suffering from the flu in your home, it is essential to clean the trash once he gets better. Say, for instance, a family member has just recovered from the flu, but other family members have not yet contracted the disease. In such a scenario, it is best that you hire experts who will clean your home and empty the trash cans. Sometimes, the trash cans must be cleaned and disinfected after emptying the garbage. This is essential to ensure that all traces of the virus are removed and can prevent the spread of the disease.
Thus, hiring experts to clean your home is essential to protect your family from spreading the disease during flu season. The primary reason for this is it is easier to clean all parts of your home thoroughly with the help of experts. When you hire house cleaning services near Ridgefield, NJ, you will find that they will ensure that there is not a single corner in your home that is dirty. This is essential to prevent the spreading of flu-causing viruses and germs causing other respiratory illnesses.
Flu prevention with home sanitization
As a homeowner, you must take precautionary measures to protect your family members from the flu. It would be wrong to assume that if a family member gets infected, all you must do is take care of him, and after a certain period, the symptoms will resolve, and the person will become healthy. Flu can be quite troublesome and can lead to respiratory problems, which makes it essential to ensure that your home is clean and sanitized to prevent the spread of the disease.
If you are not careful about cleaning and sanitizing your home, you are putting your family at risk as well. Thus, one of the best ways to prevent the spread of flu is to hire experts to clean and sanitize your home. If your family is down with flu, the first thing that you must do is wait for the disease to subside. Once everyone has recovered, you must discuss with experts to evaluate the best way to clean and sanitize your home. Some of the easiest ways to do it are as follows:
- When you hire experts, they will thoroughly clean your home; once the deep cleaning is completed, they will start sanitizing and disinfecting your home.
- When you hire us for house cleaning services near Palisades Park, NJ, our experts will ensure that all surfaces that receive high traffic are cleaned with disinfectants to remove any trace of viruses.
- It is important to air the house to ensure that there are no viruses on the curtains, sofas, chairs, tables, and other items that you sit or rest on. All these will be cleaned thoroughly and disinfected. If most things are made of wood, you must use suitable disinfectants to sanitize the surfaces without damaging the item.
- You will find that viruses can survive for a long time on curtains and bedsheets. Our cleaning personnel will ensure that all bed sheets and linen are changed. You must dust the curtains and blinds thoroughly to remove all traces of dirt. Viruses tend to survive on dusty surfaces, and hence, thorough cleaning of cobwebs and removal of dust is an essential part of the sanitization process.
- You must vacuum the floors and wash them thoroughly to prevent the survival of viruses. Viruses can survive for a significantly long time on wooden and carpeted floors. Here, it becomes necessary not just to vacuum the floor but to wash and wipe it down with disinfectant liquid. This will ensure no trace of the virus in your home.
Thus, you need the help of experts to disinfect and sanitize your home. If you try doing it yourself, you must acquire the necessary disinfectants from the market. After that, you must check the amount that you must mix with water to clean the floors or how much you must spray on the surfaces before you can wipe them down. You will find that the whole process can become quite cumbersome, and when you are recovering from an illness, it can be pretty stressful.
When you consider all these factors, you will find that it is best to hire experts. They will have the necessary equipment and products to clean and disinfect your home. Also, you do not have to identify the areas that need more cleaning than others. Our experts will know exactly how to clean the surfaces and which surfaces tend to receive maximum traffic. Such surfaces must be cleaned thoroughly with specialized disinfectants to ensure that there is no chance of the spread of flu-causing viruses from the surface. Thus, the best way to sanitize your home and protect your family from a bout of flu would be to do basic cleaning by yourself and hire experts to do deep cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitization of your home.
What are house disinfecting services?
When you hire house cleaning services near Fort Lee, NJ, to disinfect and sanitize your home, you will find that the services offered by a company will consist of several things. For instance, the service usually begins with a deep cleaning of your home and disinfecting and sanitizing specific areas and surfaces. The disinfecting services are designed to prevent the spread of diseases like flu and prevent the survival of viruses and the growth of bacteria, mildew, and mold. Some of the disinfecting services offered by a house cleaning firm like us are as follows:
- The cleaning personnel will ensure that the vents and air ducts in your home are thoroughly cleaned. The dust in the vents is often where viruses lodge themselves, and when you turn on the air conditioning system, these spread through your home through the air ducts. If you clean the vents and air ducts thoroughly, the viruses will not get a chance to survive.
- All parts of your home, like the doorknobs, the faucets in the bathroom, the tap in the kitchen, the handrails in your home, and the other handles, such as the ones on the cupboards and pantry, must be cleaned with a sanitizer. Even if you are not suffering from any flu symptoms, these objects are used by most members of your home, and they tend to get dirty. Thus, cleaning and sanitizing these heavily used areas of your home are essential for the health of your family.
- An essential part of the disinfecting services is sanitization and cleaning of the bathrooms in your home. If you have recently recovered from the flu, it is necessary to ensure that the bathrooms in your house are cleaned thoroughly. It would help if you cleaned the faucets, countertops, taps, and the cupboard in your bathroom thoroughly to prevent the spread of flu-causing viruses.
Thus, when you hire house cleaning services near Edgewater, NJ, you will find that you get a comprehensive cleaning service. If you have children and older adults in your family, it becomes essential to ensure that your home is clean and sanitized so that diseases like the flu do not spread. Flu is primarily caused by viruses, which tend to spread through contact. If you keep your home clean and sanitized, the chances of the virus surviving on a disinfected and sanitized surface reduce significantly. This will prevent the spread of the disease. Moreover, the air and the interior of a clean and sanitized home will be free of viruses, bacteria, and other such germs. Hence, if you disinfect and sanitize your home, you can reduce the spread of a disease like flu significantly.
House Cleaning Services
If you want the best house cleaning services near Cliffside Park, NJ, contact us at Maids on Wheels. You should not wait for flu season to strike! Take proactive steps to safeguard your family’s health today with our help. Contact Maids on Wheels now to schedule a thorough sanitization and disinfection service for your home. Our expert team is ready to help you create a healthier living environment. Do not compromise your family’s well-being – book our services today and enjoy peace of mind throughout flu season and beyond.
Give us a call and we will give you a free estimate for cleaning and disinfecting services.